Saturday, February 7, 2009

Here we go again

I still want to use my passport.

So, I was checking flights again last night in the middle of the night.

I found a flight search on sidestep.com that would allow me to give a price and range of dates  (i.e. weekends in March), as well as how many stops I was willing to make -- and it would list out the top 25 destinations that fit my criteria.

For surprisingly reasonable prices, I can go to Boston.  Or several places in Canada.  Or Maryland.  Or Mexico.  Or anywhere on the west coast.

And I would be able to do it without taking more than a day off of work.

I can't really cross an ocean in a weekend -- because I would spend my whole weekend in the airplane and not actually visiting any new places.  But... Canada has some real hope.  The flights to Victoria are especially intriguing because it's so close -- AND I would be using my passport (just barely).

And I'm hoping to get several friends to go along -- if I actually go, that is.

I haven't purchased the ticket yet ... (I may search spontaneously, but I'm not a spontaneous spender), but it may just be a matter of time.... : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do it! DO IT!!!

In my experience, it is very, very likely that you will NOT regret it.

:)